Credit: 314416Sarah Crabill/Getty Images. Austin Dillon, driver of the #33 Rheem Chevrolet, leads Kyle Larson, driver of the #42 Crest Chevrolet, during the NASCAR XFINITY Series Ford EcoBoost 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 21, 2015 in Homestead, Florida.
Starting from 9th Car 42 Kyle Larson Crest Chevrolet won the 21st Annual Ford EcoBoost 300, his 3rd win in 75 NASCAR XFINITY Series races. This is Larson’s 1st win & 9th Top 10 finish in 2015. This is his 1st win & 3rd Top 10 finish in three races at Homestead-Miami Speedway. 2nd Place Car 33 Austin Dillon Rheem Chevrolet, started from 3rd place posted his 2nd Top 10 finish in 3 races at Homestead-Miami Speedway. It is Dillon’s 16th Top 10 finish in 2015. 3rd Car 20 Erik Jones Gamestop/Star Wars Battlefront Toyota, started from 7th place posted his 1st Top 10 finish in his 1st start at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Credit: 314420Jonathan Ferrey/NASCAR via Getty Images. Kyle Larson, driver of the #42 Crest Chevrolet, races to the finish line to win the NASCAR XFINITY Series Ford EcoBoost 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 21, 2015 in Homestead, Florida.
4th Place Car 2 Brian Scott Shore Lodge Chevrolet, started from 4th place followed by 5th place Car 22 Ryan Blaney Hertz Ford, started from 5th place. 6th Place Car 18 Daniel Suarez ARRIS Toyota, started from 2nd place was the highest finishing rookie. 7th Place Car 3 Ty Dillon Yuengling Light Lager Chevrolet, started from 10th place. 8th Place Car 9 Chase Elliott NAPA Auto Parts Chevrolet, started from 13th place followed by 9th place Car 7 Regan Smith TaxSlayer.com Chevrolet, started from 14th place. Lastly in the Top 10 was Car 6 Darrell Wallace Jr. # Roush Performance Products Ford, in 10th place, started from 21st place.
Credit: 314414Chris Trotman/NASCAR via Getty Images. Kyle Busch, driver of the #54 Monster Energy Toyota, and Daniel Suarez, driver of the #18 ARRIS Toyota, lead the field on the first lap of the NASCAR XFINITY Series Ford EcoBoost 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 21, 2015 in Homestead, Florida.
The race had 6 Cautions for 26 Laps: 1st Caution on lap 11 for Car 74 Tim Viens RaceDaySponsor.com Dodge Spin Turn 1. 2nd Caution on lap 27 for Competition. 3rd Caution on lap 118 for Car 40 Josh Reaume # Braille Battery/Grafoids Chevrolet Accident Turn 4. 4th Caution on lap 142 for Weather Turn 3. 5th Caution on lap 174 for Car 44 David Starr Zachry Toyota Accident Turn 4. 6th Caution on lap 182 for # Car 54 Kyle Busch Monster Energy Toyota, Car 6 Darrell Wallace Jr. # Roush Performance Products Ford Crash Frontstretch
Credit: 314417Sarah Crabill/NASCAR via Getty Images. Chris Buescher, driver of the #60 Fastenal Ford, and Regan Smith, driver of the #7 TaxSlayer.com Chevrolet, race during the NASCAR XFINITY Series Ford EcoBoost 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 21, 2015 in Homestead, Florida.
The race had 13 Lead Changes among 5 drivers: Lap Leaders: K. Busch(i) 1-27; M. Bliss 28; K. Busch(i) 29-30; K. Larson(i) 31-33; K. Busch(i) 34-63; K. Larson(i) 64-78; K. Busch(i) 79-81; K. Larson(i) 82-142; E. Jones(i) 143; K. Larson(i) 144-145; K. Busch(i) 146-147; K. Larson(i) 148-179; A. Dillon(i) 180-195; K. Larson(i) 196-200. Leaders Summary (Driver, Times Lead, Laps Led): K. Larson(i) 6 times for 118 laps; K. Busch(i) 5 times for 64 laps; A. Dillon(i) 1 time for 16 laps; M. Bliss 1 time for 1 lap; E. Jones(i) 1 time for 1 lap.
Top 10 in Points: C. Buescher – 1,190; C. Elliott – 1,175; T. Dillon – 1,172; R. Smith – 1,168; D. Suarez # – 1,078; E. Sadler – 1,075; D. Wallace Jr. # – 1,071; B. Scott – 1,032; B. Gaughan – 1,012; R. Reed – 902.
Credit: 314428Chris Graythen/Getty Images. Chris Buescher, driver of the #60 Fastenal Ford, celebrates winning the series championship with the trophy in Victory Lane during the NASCAR XFINITY Series Ford EcoBoost 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 21, 2015 in Homestead, Florida.
Kyle Larson was dominate but it was 11th place Car 60 Chris Buescher Fastenal Ford day as he won the XFINITY Championship Series win.
Buescher ran a clean race & finished 15 points ahead of 2nd place Car 9 Chase Elliott NAPA Auto Parts Chevrolet. This his 1st NASCAR XFINITY Series Championship. Buescher gave Roush Fenway Racing Owner Jack Roush his 5th XFINITY Series Cahmpionship, the owner’s championship went to Team Penske’s No. 22 Ford.
“Our Fastenal Mustang had good speed in it, but we just had to be careful out there,” Buescher said. “It’s unbelievable for us to be able to pull it off. I’m not a ‘points’ racer. I don’t like it. But it was important (to finish) what we’ve been fighting for since February and Daytona.”
Credit: 314427Jonathan Ferrey/NASCAR via Getty Images. Chris Buescher, driver of the #60 Fastenal Ford, celebrates winning the series championship with a burnout after the NASCAR XFINITY Series Ford EcoBoost 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 21, 2015 in Homestead, Florida.
When it came time to celebrate, however, Larson went directly to Victory Lane, respectfully leaving the burnout to the XFINITY Series champ.
“This is championship week, so congratulations to Chris Buescher,” Larson said. “I wanted Chris to have his moment there.”
Daniel Suárez Wins NASCAR XFINITY Series Sunoco Rookie Of The Year Award Suárez First Hispanic Driver To Win Sunoco Rookie Of The Year Award
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Nov. 21, 2015) – In what has already been an impressive first full season in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, Daniel Suárez added another accolade to his resume Saturday at Homestead-Miami Speedway – the Sunoco Rookie of the Year Award. In doing so, he became the first Mexican-born driver and the second NASCAR Drive for Diversity (D4D) graduate to receive the award in a NASCAR national series.
“Congratulations to Daniel and his Joe Gibbs Racing team for this great achievement,” said Jim Cassidy, NASCAR senior vice president, racing operations. “Watching Daniel and Darrell Wallace Jr. battle throughout the season, two hard-nosed competitors, really speaks to their talent and I look forward to seeing them compete in NASCAR for years to come.”
Also a member of the 2011-2013 NASCAR Next classes, an initiative designed to identify the sport’s next generation of stars, Suárez captured the rookie honors over fellow NASCAR Next and D4D graduate Darrell Wallace Jr. The Monterrey, Mexico native made 33 starts in 2015, posting three Coors Light Pole Awards, eight top-five and 18 top-10 finishes.
“The Sunoco Rookie of the Year program has rewarded drivers for their dedication and competitive drive for more than a decade,” said Drew Kabakoff, Director Brand Marketing, Sunoco. “Daniel has shown both of those qualities and more in his NASCAR XFINITY Series rookie season and is laying the groundwork for an exciting career.”
Suárez will be officially crowned the Sunoco Rookie of the Year winner on Monday, Nov. 23 at the NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Awards at the Diplomat Resort and Spa in Hollywood, Florida.
NASCAR XFINITY Series Race Number 33
Unofficial Race Results for the 21St Annual Ford Ecoboost 300 – Saturday,
November 21, 2015
Homestead-Miami Speedway – Homestead, FL – 1.5 Mile Paved
Total Race Length – 200 Laps – 300 Miles – Purse: $1,462,501
Finish Start Car Driver Team Laps Status
1. 9. Car 42 Kyle Larson(i) Crest Chevrolet 200 Running
2. 3. Car 33 Austin Dillon(i) Rheem Chevrolet 200 Running
3. 7. Car 20 Erik Jones(i) Gamestop/Star Wars Battlefront Toyota 200 Running
4. 4. Car 2 Brian Scott Shore Lodge Chevrolet 200 Running
5. 5. Car 22 Ryan Blaney Hertz Ford 200 Running
6. 2. Car 18 Daniel Suarez # ARRIS Toyota 200 Running
7. 10. Car 3 Ty Dillon Yuengling Light Lager Chevrolet 200 Running
8. 13. Car 9 Chase Elliott NAPA Auto Parts Chevrolet 200 Running
9. 14. Car 7 Regan Smith TaxSlayer.com Chevrolet 200 Running
10. 21. Car 6 Darrell Wallace Jr. # Roush Performance Products Ford 200 Running
11. 11. Car 60 Chris Buescher Fastenal Ford 200 Running
12. 6. Car 98 Aric Almirola(i) Carroll Shelby Engine Company Ford 199 Running
13. 8. Car 1 Elliott Sadler OneMain Financial Ford 199 Running
14. 16. Car 39 Ryan Sieg UncleBob’sSelfStorage/PullAPart Chev 199 Running
15. 19. Car 43 Dakoda Armstrong WinField Ford 199 Running
16. 20. Car 01 Landon Cassill Florida Lottery Chevrolet 199 Running
17. 17. Car 16 Ryan Reed Lilly/American Diabetes Association Ford 199 Running
18. 25. Car 8 Blake Koch LeafFilter Gutter Protection Toyota 199 Running
19. 24. Car 4 Ross Chastain # Corporate Caterers/Watermelon.org Chevrolet 199 Running
20. 18. Car 88 Ben Rhodes Alpha Energy Solutions Chevrolet 198 Running
21. 15. Car 28 JJ Yeley JGL Racing Toyota 198 Running
22. 22. Car 51 Jeremy Clements AllSouthElectric/RepairableVehicles Chev 198 Running
23. 12. Car 62 Brendan Gaughan South Point Chevrolet 198 Running
24. 28. Car 0 Harrison Rhodes # Corporate Caterers Chevrolet 197 Running
25. 33. Car 44 David Starr Zachry Toyota 197 Running
26. 26. Car 97 Mason Mingus(i) VroomBrands Chevrolet 195 Running
27. 30. Car 55 Anthony Kumpen Nexteer Automotive/LeasePlan Chevrolet 193 Running
28. 34. Car 70 Garrett Smithley(i) Segpay/E-hydrate Chevrolet 192 Running
29. 36. Car 24 Eric McClure Reynolds Wrap Toyota 190 Running
30. 1. Car 54 Kyle Busch(i) Monster Energy Toyota 185 Accident
31. 37. Car 40 Josh Reaume # Braille Battery/Grafoids Chevrolet 185 Running
32. 29. Car 52 Joey Gase Ole Country/DB Sales Company Chevrolet 180 Ignition
33. 40. Car 74 Tim Viens(i) RaceDaySponsor.com Dodge 156 Running
34. 31. Car 90 Mario Gosselin BuckedUp Apparel Chevrolet 88 Suspension
35. 39. Car 13 Derek White Mohawk Market Dodge 81 Engine
36. 38. Car 15 Carlos Contreras bybextreme.com Chevrolet 59 Engine
37. 23. Car 14 Mike Bliss Toyota 44 Vibration
38. 32. Car 92 BJ McLeod(i) BuckedUp Apparel Chevrolet 36 Vibration
39. 35. Car 26 TJ Bell(i) JGL Racing Toyota 23 Vibration
40. 27. Car 19 Jeff Green Premier Barter Exchange Toyota 3 Transmission
Race Comments: Prior to the start of the race, the following cars dropped to the rear of the field: No. 97 (unapproved adjustments). Failed to Qualify: (1) 89 Morgan Shepherd. Time of Race: 02 Hrs, 20 Mins, 20 Secs. Average Speed: 128.266 MPH. Margin of Victory: 0.934 Seconds. Caution Flags: 6 for 26 laps. Lead Changes: 13 among 5 drivers.
3M Lap Leader: Kyle Larson, #42 118 Laps. Coors Light Pole Award: Kyle Busch, #54 168.14 mph. Duralast Brakes “Brake in the Race”: Kyle Busch, #54. Mahle Clevite Engine Builder of the Race: Hendrick Engines, #42. Mobil 1 Driver of the Race: Darrell Wallace Jr, #6 Sunoco Rookie of the Race: Daniel Suarez, #18.
(i) Ineligible for driver points in this series
Next Race: Feb. 20, 2016 – Daytona International Speedway
Graphics & Photos Courtesy of NASCAR