William Byron, driver of the #9 Liberty University Toyota, takes the checkered flag during the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Speediatrics 200 at Iowa Speedway on June 18, 2016 in Newton, Iowa.
Starting from 5th place Truck 9 Rookie William Byron Liberty University Toyota won the 8th Annual Speediatrics 200 at Iowa Speedway. This is Byron’s 3rd win in & 5th Top 10 finish in 2016. That is 3 wins in only 9 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races. This is his 1st win & 1st Top 10 finish in one race at Iowa Speedway. 2nd place Truck 00 Cole Custer Haas Automation Chevrolet, started from 11th place posted his 3rd Top 10 finish in 3 races at Iowa Speedway. It is his 3rd Top 10 finish in 2016. 3rd Place Truck 13 Cameron Hayley Cabinets by Hayley Toyota, started from 2nd place posted his 1st Top 10 finish in 2 races at Iowa Speedway.
William Byron, driver of the #9 Liberty University Toyota, celebrates after winning the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Speediatrics 200 at Iowa Speedway on June 18, 2016 in Newton, Iowa.
4th Place Truck 41 Ben Rhodes # Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota, started from 10th place followed by 5th place Truck 29 Tyler Reddick Cooper Standard Ford, started from 15th place. 6th Place Truck 51 Daniel Suarez ARRIS Toyota, started from 17th place followed by 7th place Truck 33 Ben Kennedy Wheelwell Chevrolet, started from 3rd place. 8th Place Truck 88 Matt Crafton Ideal Door/Menards Toyota, started from 9th place followed by 9th place Truck 4 Christopher Bell Toyota Toyota, started from 13th place. Lastly in the Top 10 was Truck 21 Johnny Sauter Allegiant Travel Chevrolet, in 10th place, started from 7th place.
William Byron, driver of the #9 Liberty University Toyota, races during the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Speediatrics 200 at Iowa Speedway on June 18, 2016 in Newton, Iowa.
The race had 5 Cautions for 39 Laps: 1st Caution on lap 44 Truck 92 Parker Kligerman Technet Professional/BTS Tire Ford crash in Turn 3. 2nd Caution on lap 104 for Caution Clock expiration. 3rd Caution on lap 148 for Truck 17 Timothy Peters Red Horse Racing Toyota, Truck 24 Kaz Grala Allegiant Travel Chevrolet crash in Turn 4. 4th Caution on lap 179 for Truck 02 Derek Scott Jr CrossRoads Concrete/MPM Chevrolet, Truck 44 Tommy Joe Martins Diamond Gusset Jeans Chevrolet crash in Turn 2. 5th Caution on lap 194 for Truck 75 Caleb Holman Morning Fresh Farms/Food Country USA Chevrolet crash in Turn 1.
Daniel Suarez, driver of the #51 ARRIS Toyota and Spencer Gallagher, driver of the #23 Alamo Chevrolet, race on track during the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Speediatrics 200 at Iowa Speedway on June 18, 2016 in Newton, Iowa.
The race had 4 Lead Changes among 4 drivers: Lap Leaders: J. Nemechek 1-53; W. Byron # 54-150; T. Reddick 151-187; C. Custer # 188-190; W. Byron # 191-200. Leaders Summary (Driver, Times Lead, Laps Led): W. Byron # 2 times for 107 laps; J. emechek 1 time for 53 laps; T. Reddick 1 time for 37 laps; C. Custer # 1 time for 3 laps.
Top 10 in Points: M. Crafton – 219; W. Byron # – 208; T. Peters – 198; D. Hemric – 186; T. Reddick – 182; J. Nemechek – 175; J. Sauter – 174; B. Kennedy – 168; S. Gallagher – 165; C. Hayley – 158.
William Byron, driver of the #9 Liberty University Toyota, celebrates in Victory Lane after winning the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Speediatrics 200 at Iowa Speedway on June 18, 2016 in Newton, Iowa.
Truck 9 Rookie William Byron Liberty University Toyota won with a Margin of Victory: 0.431 Seconds over 2nd place Truck 00 Cole Custer Haas Automation Chevrolet. William Byron held off Cole Custer & Cameron Hayley for the win after the last restart.
John Hunter Nemechek, driver of the #8 Fire Alarm Services Chevrolet, leads the field at the start of the during the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Speediatrics 200 at Iowa Speedway on June 18, 2016 in Newton, Iowa.
3rd Place Truck 13 Cameron Hayley Cabinets by Hayley Toyota from Calgary AB.
A solid third-place finish for your ThorSport Racing team. Talk about your night?
Cameron Hayley: “Our Tundra was really tight all night long, and at the end there, after that red flag, it just came to life. I’m super happy. I can’t thank Cabinets by Hayley enough and the whole community – Sandusky, Perkins, everybody. They got us out of the fire this week, and now we’re here in third place, it’s amazing. I wish we could’ve got him (Duke Thorson, team owner) the win. But, to come from where this team was on Monday, to where we are now, is just amazing, and I just want to thank everyone for that.”
What did your finish today mean for ThorSport Racing after all your team went through this week?
Cameron Hayley: “Yeah, you know, obviously as everyone knows it’s been a tough week at ThorSport Racing, to say the least. I was a part of that first hand. I got the call about 5:30 Monday morning. I got there right away, and we probably spent upwards of 36 hours – both me and the team – cleaning the trucks, getting things ready, working out of a parking lot trying to get to this race, and to come out here with a third-place finish is not just amazing for me, but the organization as a whole. We really came together as a team.”
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race Number 8
Unofficial Race Results for the 8Th Annual Speediatrics 200 – Saturday, June 18, 2016
Iowa Speedway – Newton, IA – .875 Mile Paved
Total Race Length – 200 Laps – 175 Miles
Finish Start Truck Driver Team Laps Status
1. 5. Truck 9 William Byron # Liberty University Toyota 200 Running
2. 11. Truck 00 Cole Custer # Haas Automation Chevrolet 200 Running
3. 2. Truck 13 Cameron Hayley Cabinets by Hayley Toyota 200 Running
4. 10. Truck 41 Ben Rhodes # Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota 200 Running
5. 15. Truck 29 Tyler Reddick Cooper Standard Ford 200 Running
6. 17. Truck 51 Daniel Suarez(i) ARRIS Toyota 200 Running
7. 3. Truck 33 Ben Kennedy Wheelwell Chevrolet 200 Running
8. 9. Truck 88 Matt Crafton Ideal Door/Menards Toyota 200 Running
9. 13. Truck 4 Christopher Bell # Toyota Toyota 200 Running
10. 7. Truck 21 Johnny Sauter Allegiant Travel Chevrolet 200 Running
11. 19. Truck 17 Timothy Peters Red Horse Racing Toyota 200 Running
12. 1. Truck 8 John H Nemechek Fire Alarm Services Chevrolet 200 Running
13. 16. Truck 23 Spencer Gallagher Allegiant Travel Chevrolet 200 Running
14. 25. Truck 11 German Quiroga Red Horse Racing Toyota 200 Running
15. 18. Truck 19 Daniel Hemric Oakmont Management Group Ford 200 Running
16. 22. Truck 22 Austin Wayne Self # AM Technical Solutions Toyota 200 Running
17. 6. Truck 71 Brandon Jones(i) JELD-WEN/Menards Chevrolet 200 Running
18. 14. Truck 98 Rico Abreu # Safelite Auto Glass/Curb Records Toyota 200 Running
19. 20. Truck 05 John Wes Townley Jive Communications/Zaxby’s Chevrolet 200 Running
20. 26. Truck 66 Jordan Anderson Columbia SC – Famously Hot Chevrolet 200 Running
21. 23. Truck 63 Jake Griffin Vatterott College Chevrolet 199 Running
22. 29. Truck 07 Casey Smith Niemco Inc Chevrolet 198 Running
23. 8. Truck 49 Nick Drake Haas Automation Chevrolet 197 Running
24. 24. Truck 86 Brandon Brown Coastal Carolina University Chevrolet 197 Running
25. 27. Truck 02 Derek Scott Jr CrossRoads Concrete/MPM Chevrolet 196 Running
26. 12. Truck 75 Caleb Holman Morning Fresh Farms/Food Country USA Chevrolet 192 Accident
27. 28. Truck 50 Travis Kvapil GasBuddy Chevrolet 191 Running
28. 31. Truck 1 Jennifer Jo Cobb Driven2Honor.org Chevrolet 191 Running
29. 4. Truck 24 Kaz Grala Allegiant Travel Chevrolet 189 Running
30. 30. Truck 44 Tommy Joe Martins Diamond Gusset Jeans Chevrolet 173 Accident
31. 21. Truck 92 Parker Kligerman Technet Professional/BTS Tire Ford 41 Accident
32. 32. Truck 10 Claire Decker(i) Driven2Honor.org Chevrolet 5 Fuel Pump
Race Comments: Prior to the start of the race, no trucks dropped to the rear of the field. Failed to Qualify: (1) 74 Donnie Levister. Time of Race: 01 Hrs, 53 Mins, 16 Secs. Average Speed: 92.702 MPH. Margin of Victory: 0.431 Seconds.
Keystone Light Pole Award: John Hunter Nemechek, #8 136.087 mph. Mahle Clevite Engine Builder of the Race: Joe Gibbs Engines, #9. Mobil 1 Driver of the Race: William Byron, #9. Sunoco Rookie of the Race: William Byron, #9.
(i) Ineligible for driver points in this series
Next Race: Jun. 25, 2016 – Gateway Motorsports Park
NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications @ P.O. Box 2875, Daytona Beach, FL 32120-2875
Graphics & Photos Courtesy of NASCAR