Austin Dillon, driver of the #2 Rheem Chevrolet, takes the checkered flag to win the NASCAR Xfinity Series TreatMyClot.com 300 at Auto Club Speedway on March 19, 2016 in Fontana, California.
Starting from 6th place Car 2 Austin Dillon Rheem Chevrolet won the 18th Annual TreatMyClot.com 300 by Janssen, his 7th win in 102 NASCAR XFINITY Series races. Austin Dillon took the lead in the last lap & last corner on the way the way to checkered flag. This is Dillon’s 1st win & 4th Top 10 finish in 2016. This is his 1st win & 3rd Top 10 finish in four races at Auto Club Speedway. 2nd Place Car 18 Kyle Busch NOS Energy Drink Toyota, started from 3rd place posted his 14th Top 10 finish in 17 races at Auto Club Speedway. It is Kyle Busch’s 4rth Top 10 finish in 2016. 3rd Place Car 6 Darrell Wallace Jr. Ford EcoBoost Ford, started from 13th place posted his 1st Top 10 finish in 2 races at Auto Club Speedway.
Austin Dillon, driver of the #2 Rheem Chevrolet, celebrates in victory lane after winning the NASCAR Xfinity Series TreatMyClot.com 300 at Auto Club Speedway on March 19, 2016 in Fontana, California.
4th Place Car 19 Daniel Suarez Interstate Batteries Toyota, started from pole followed by 5th place Car 1 Elliott Sadler OneMain Chevrolet, started from 5th place. 6th Place Car 88 Kevin Harvick Armour Nalley Chevrolet, started from 17th place followed by 7th place Car 62 Brendan Gaughan South Point Chevrolet, started from 15th place. 8th Place Car 42 Kyle Larson ENEOS Chevrolet, started from 4th place. 9th Place Car 33 Brandon Jones Nexteer Chevrolet, started from 14th place was the highest finishing rookie. Lastly in the Top 10 was Car 7 Justin Allgaier TaxSlayer.com Chevroletin 10th place, started from 20th place. Daniel Suarez leads the point standings by 10 points over Elliott Sadler.
Erik Jones, driver of the #20 Gamestop/Nyko Toyota, leads a pack of cars during the NASCAR Xfinity Series TreatMyClot.com 300 at Auto Club Speedway on March 19, 2016 in Fontana, California.
The race had 4 Cautions for 16 Laps: 1st Caution on lap 11 for Car 01 Ryan Preece Uptick Vineyards Chevrolet spin in Turn 4. 2nd Caution on lap 31 for Car 44 David Starr Zachry Toyota Slow on track in Turn 4. 3rd Caution on lap 47 for Car 07 Ray Black Jr. Scuba Life Chevrolet spin in Turn 4. 4th Caution on lap 101 for Car 78 BJ McLeod Batteries Plus Bulbs Ford stalled in backstretch.
Daniel Suarez, driver of the #19 Interstate Batteries Toyota, and Kyle Larson, driver of the #42 ENEOS Chevrolet, leads a pack of cars at the start during the NASCAR Xfinity Series TreatMyClot.com 300 at Auto Club Speedway on March 19, 2016 in Fontana, California.
The race had 12 Lead Changes among 8 drivers: Lap Leaders: D. Suarez 1-4; K. Busch(i) 5-11; J. Wise(i) 12; K. Busch(i) 13; K. Larson(i) 14; K. Busch(i) 15-32; B. Gaughan 33-34; K. Larson(i) 35-38; K. Busch(i) 39-73; A. Almirola(i) 74-76; R. Preece # 77; K. Busch(i) 78-149; A. Dillon(i) 150;. Leaders Summary (Driver, Times Lead, Laps Led): K. Busch(i) 5 times for 133 laps; K. Larson(i) 2 times for 5 laps; D. Suarez 1 time for 4 laps; A. Almirola(i) 1 time for 3 laps; B. Gaughan 1 time for 2 laps; R. Preece # 1 time for 1 lap; A. Dillon(i) 1 time for 1 lap; J. Wise(i) 1 time for 1 lap.
Daniel Suarez, driver of the #19 Interstate Batteries Toyota, pits under caution during the NASCAR Xfinity Series TreatMyClot.com 300 at Auto Club Speedway on March 19, 2016 in Fontana, California.
Top 10 in Points: D. Suarez – 182; E. Sadler – 172; J. Allgaier – 163; B. Jones # – 161; T. Dillon – 159; B. Gaughan – 154; E. Jones # – 152; D. Wallace Jr. – 134; R. Reed – 133; B. Poole – 130.
Kyle Larson, driver of the #42 ENEOS Chevrolet, and Kyle Busch, driver of the #18 NOS Energy Drink Toyota, lead a pack of cars during the NASCAR Xfinity Series TreatMyClot.com 300 at Auto Club Speedway on March 19, 2016 in Fontana, California.
This was one of the most intense NASCAR XFINITY Series race finishes with 4 lead changes on the same lap. Car 18 Kyle Busch NOS Energy Drink Toyota had the lead coming to the white flag, then he had his front left tire blew out, he kept going, his team-mate Car 19 Daniel Suarez Interstate Batteries Toyota passed for the lead. Car 19 Daniel Suarez Interstate Batteries Toyota ran out of fuel after taking the lead & then pulled out of the way on the apron. Kyle Busch retook the lead from Daniel Suarez, Car 2 Austin Dillon Rheem Chevrolet took the lead after the last corner even though Busch was pinching him against the wall. Dillon beat Busch with a Margin of Victory: 0.714 Seconds.
“I’d rather be lucky than good,” Austin Dillon said on his team radio after ending evading Kyle Busch’s attempt to pinch the winning Car 2 Chevrolet into the outside wall at Auto Club Speedway. “He tried to screw me right there at the end, but it didn’t work out for him, did it? I’m proud of these guys. Man, that was fun. I didn’t think we had a car to do that, and we didn’t, but we did what we had to do to win the race”
“In the whole run we were saving fuel,” Suárez said. “I knew that we were one to one-and-a-half laps short. I was saving fuel. I wasn’t worrying about the 20 (Jones) or 18 (Busch). I was just trying to finish the race, because I knew that we were short. I knew that the 20 was a little bit shorter than us and eventually he ran out. When he ran out I started saving more because I knew that I had more fuel than him, but not a lot.
“I was just trying to save as much as I can. I passed the 18 when he blew the left front tire in (Turns) 1 and 2, and on the exit of 2 I ran out of fuel, and on the exit of four the 2 (Dillon) and the 18 passed me back. Very unfortunate, but it’s part of racing. I really think that our first victory is coming and hopefully we can get it very soon.”
Austin Dillon the pole winner for Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race (3:30 p.m. ET on FOX), will try to complete a career-first weekend sweep in the Auto Club 400.
Note: Wallace’s car failed post-race Laser Inspection Station. NASCAR will determine next week if a penalty is warranted.
NASCAR XFINITY Series Race Number 5
Unofficial Race Results for the 18Th Annual Treatmyclot.Com 300 By Janssen
– Saturday, March 19, 2016 Auto Club Speedway – Fontana, CA – 2 Mile Paved
Total Race Length – 150 Laps – 300 Miles
Finish Start Car Driver Team Laps Status
1. 6. Car 2 Austin Dillon(i) Rheem Chevrolet 150 Running
2. 3. Car 18 Kyle Busch(i) NOS Energy Drink Toyota 150 Running
3. 13. Car 6 Darrell Wallace Jr. Ford EcoBoost Ford 150 Running
4. 1. Car 19 Daniel Suarez Interstate Batteries Toyota 150 Running
5. 5. Car 1 Elliott Sadler OneMain Chevrolet 150 Running
6. 17. Car 88 Kevin Harvick(i) Armour Nalley Chevrolet 150 Running
7. 15. Car 62 Brendan Gaughan South Point Chevrolet 150 Running
8. 4. Car 42 Kyle Larson(i) ENEOS Chevrolet 150 Running
9. 14. Car 33 Brandon Jones # Nexteer Chevrolet 150 Running
10. 20. Car 7 Justin Allgaier TaxSlayer.com Chevrolet 150 Running
11. 16. Car 98 Aric Almirola(i) Ballast Point Ford 150 Running
12. 8. Car 11 Blake Koch LeafFilter Gutter Protection Chevrolet 150 Running
13. 9. Car 48 Brennan Poole DC Solar Chevrolet 149 Running
14. 10. Car 16 Ryan Reed Lilly Diabetes/American Diabetes Association Ford 149 Running
15. 2. Car 20 Erik Jones # GameStop/Nyko Toyota 149 Running
16. 7. Car 43 Jeb Burton J. Streicher Ford 149 Running
17. 12. Car 3 Ty Dillon Bulwark/PAR Electric Chevrolet 149 Running
18. 32. Car 24 Corey LaJoie Youtheory Toyota 149 Running
19. 19. Car 4 Ross Chastain Shakey’s Pizza/K1 Speed Chevrolet 149 Running
20. 11. Car 22 Ryan Blaney(i) America’s Tire Ford 148 Running
21. 18. Car 51 Jeremy Clements RepairableVehicles.com Chevrolet 148 Running
22. 21. Car 28 Dakoda Armstrong WinField Be Greater Toyota 148 Running
23. 27. Car 0 Garrett Smithley # teamjdmotorsports.com Chevrolet 148 Running
24. 26. Car 21 Spencer Gallagher(i) Allegiant Chevrolet 148 Running
25. 24. Car 01 Ryan Preece # Uptick Vineyards Chevrolet 148 Running
26. 35. Car 90 Mario Gosselin BuckedUp Apparel Chevrolet 147 Running
27. 25. Car 14 JJ Yeley Toyota 147 Running
28. 31. Car 52 Joey Gase Donate Life CaliforniaChevrolet 145 Running
29. 23. Car 39 Ryan Sieg RSS Racing Chevrolet 145 Running
30. 39. Car 15 Todd Peck X-Treme PH Ford 141 Running
31. 40. Car 25 Cody Ware # Chevrolet 140 Running
32. 38. Car 74 Mike Harmon Skin and Bones Media Blasting Dodge 139 Running
33. 37. Car 78 BJ McLeod # Batteries Plus Bulbs Ford 95 Engine
34. 34. Car 70 Derrike Cope E-hydrate/Ice-Aid Chevrolet 89 Engine
35. 36. Car 97 Harrison Rhodes Vroom Brands Chevrolet 84 Engine
36. 22. Car 93 Dylan Lupton RSS Racing Chevrolet 56 Accident
37. 33. Car 07 Ray Black Jr. # Scuba Life Chevrolet 44 Accident
38. 29. Car 44 David Starr Zachry Toyota 30 Engine
39. 28. Car 40 Josh Wise(i) www.A1tickets.ca Toyota 18 Vibration
40. 30. Car 10 Matt DiBenedetto(i) TriStar Toyota 2 Brakes
Race Comments: Prior to the start of the race, no cars dropped to the rear of the field.
Failed to Qualify: (2) 13 Carl Long, 89 Morgan Shepherd. Time of Race: 2 Hrs, 05 Mins, 52 Secs. Average Speed: 143.008 MPH. Margin of Victory: 0.714 Seconds. Caution Flags: 4 for 16 laps. Lead Changes: 12 among 8 drivers.
Coors Light Pole Award: Daniel Suarez, #19 179.955 mph Duralast Brakes “Brake in the Race”: Kyle Busch, #18. Mahle Clevite Engine Builder of the Race : Joe Gibbs Racing Engines – Mark Cronquist, #18. Mobil 1 Driver of the Race: Kyle Busch, #18. Sunoco Rookie of the Race: Brandon Jones, #33.
(i) Ineligible for driver points in this series
Next Race: Apr. 8, 2016 – Texas Motor Speedway
NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications @ P.O. Box 2875, Daytona Beach, FL 32120-2875
Graphics & Photos Courtesy of NASCAR